If you like to travel, there’s a chance that you won’t die in your home or local hospital. Your death could be the result of natural causes such as a heart attack, an accident such as a vehicle collision, or even (but much more rarely) a crime.
The true cost of dying abroad
It’s not something many of us like to think about, but maybe we should. Transporting a body back to the USA can cost between $10,000 and $20,000. And that doesn’t include the air fare. To bring down the cost of repatriating remains, many next-of-kin have their loved one cremated in the country where they died. However, bringing back ashes can still cost between $1,200 and $2,000. A lot of people believe that the Bureau of Consular Affairs will help pay for transporting the deceased’s remains back to the USA, but that is not true. So what can you do to protect yourself financially?
Protect you and your family with our worldwide Death-Away-From-Home Plan
Take out a Death-Away-From-Home Plan with MASA (Medical Air Services Association) Assist and you or your family won’t have to worry about finding the money to bring you or a loved one home. We have partnered with MASA Assist to give you access to their Medical Emergency Plan. This international organization is dedicated to providing more than 1,000,000 members with a variety of services, including mortal remains transportation.
What are the benefits of our Death-Away-From-Home Plan?
- You are protected if you should die more than 75 miles away from your home, whether that’s in the States or anywhere else in the world, so you can travel with peace of mind.
- You can be sure the deceased’s remains will be transported to your chosen end-of-life provider at no extra cost, so your family won’t be faced with a huge bill.
- You can ensure the deceased’s wishes are carried out because you won’t be forced to have a cremation or burial in the country where death occurred. Remember, some countries don’t allow cremations.
- You won’t have to deal with the foreign consular services and other customs and immigration formalities on your own because MASA Assist will take care of the bureaucracy for you.
- You won’t be confused or frustrated by another country’s laws or traditions because MASA Assist is experienced in dealing with foreign authorities and will explain everything to you.
- You can rely on the speed and professionalism of the service because repatriations from overseas locations as well as within the United States are routinely handled by MASA Assist.
- Premiums are extremely affordable and the coverage is for life, so you need arrange this only once.
Protect you and your family while you’re away from home by calling us today at 844-677-7032 and speaking with one of our advisors. Coverage takes just a few minutes to arrange.